Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome Home Baby Paige!!

So, baby Paige is one week old and we are adjusting to life at home with a baby that we are completely smitten with! 
One week old
So far, she is really very good, most nights we have been able to get at least 4 straight hours of (mostly) uninterrupted sleep!  A little sadly, sleeping in bed has proved difficult, since it's a still a little tough for me to get sitting while holding Paige post C-section. I guess camping out on the couch will continue for a little while longer!  We also have to teach Paige to sleep without being held, since its been easier for me, while breastfeeding, to just keep holding her after she is done eating, she just sleeps on my tummy and the boppy pillow... working for right now, so I'll take it!

At the hospital

Sleepy time!
We have been lucky that Scott was able to take the week off to stay home.  He took such good care of me, and Paige, and got some serious diaper changing practice in!  It's sad he has to go back to work Monday, but at least we got some good family time in this week.

Paige got to go on lots of outings already, probably more than she will get in the next couple weeks before I can drive again (Three weeks, really? I'm not even taking good drugs!).  With both our doctors down the mountain, she got two trips down, a visit to Target and also a little trip to the village... getting out and about has proven a little harder for mommy than baby, but overall I feel great one week post-op!




We also had a visit from cousins to meet Paige, I'm sure she loves them, despite sleeping the whole time!


Can't wait to see what is in store for us!

Just one last picture for good measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment